Friday, October 10, 2014

Our Narnia

As I was studying for my midterms tonight, I was listening to the soundtracks of The Chronicles of Narnia movies. This, of course, then set off a feverish Pinterest searching of quotes from the books and from their author. I started to share some of these quotes with my Papa, but I couldn't stop from crying. Of course, I blamed it on hormones, but my Papa disagreed. "You're a Romantic!" I laughed. "A Romantic? I don't see how that applies here." He explained: "A Romantic means you fondly remember past times, even miss them, wishing they could come back. But you know they can't, so appreciate them for what they are." As the great Aslan himself said:


It's very bittersweet, when Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy are each told, in their time, that they will not be coming back to Narnia. Again, as Aslan says:

My Papa and I then related this to going on a mission. Being out there is akin to being in Narnia. We learn so much, go through so many trials, but we come away so much better, and we know Aslan, or Christ, so much better than we did before. But just as the Pevensies had to leave Narnia, so too must we leave our Narnia and come back to England, never again to come back to Narnia. But that does not mean we have to forget about Narnia, Aslan, the experiences we had there, the friends we made, the memories we have, and how we have grown. We must realize that we can never go back, but there is so much more ahead of us.
In closing, one of my favorite quotes from The Last Battle:

No comments:

Post a Comment